Thursday, January 8, 2015

I'm a terrible blogger.

The title speaks for itself.  We haven't done anything major in the house since the roof, so I haven't thought to update anything.  We did have a lot of "firsts" though, so that's something right?


For my husbands birthday we put in a fire pit in the backyard, which has been awesome.  The whole 3 times we've used it.  In our defense, it's like, done nothing but rain here lately and our backyard looks like a swamp.  It's fun to sit around the fire with good friends and good beer though.  The kids also get some enjoyment out of it by roasting marshmallows and hot dogs.




We got a bird! Well, one of my kids got a bird but I've kinda commandeered her because she's the coolest bird that ever freaking lived. Her name is Tango because she's a dancing queen!  My other child got a fish, a little Betta named Scooby-2, but like Perry the Platypus, he doesn't do much.  There's a little something for the parents out there.   And please, lets all have a moment of silence for Scooby-1, who tragically lost his life after I cleaned his tank incorrectly.  Fortunately for Scooby-2, I now know how to do it the right way.  We're 3 cleaning's in and he's still going strong! 





We had our first Christmas in OUR HOUSE!  Not a military home.  Not someone else's home.  OUR HOME.  I had the house decorated all cute and the husband hung our lights outside. We even bought a ladder and did it the "safe way" this year, so I guess you can say we're pretty adult now. 





We bought a new dishwasher!  Out with the old, in with the new!  The old one was probably in the house since '93, it had mold problems and didn't clean or dry our dishes very well at all.  We lucked out and found a display dishwasher crazy discounted at Lowe's, and now she's ours.  I think I'll name her Alice.  Anyone get the reference?!  Alice?  From the Brady Bunch....because she cleaned...

Oh well, I thought it was funny.  Alice was installed today actually and for the first time ever in my life, I am looking forward to doing the dishes tonight. Someone might want to get some holy water and come make sure I'm actually ME and some crazed, dishwashing-loving demon/alien thing.  
I may or may not watch a lot of Supernatural...



Our next purchase that we'll be doing is a new AC/heat unit.  Lowe's has already been out and given us a quote (YIKES) and shortly after we get our taxes back we'll be moving ahead with that install.  We have forced air heating at the moment, and while it's done it's job (ish) it's not the most efficient source of heating.  Since it uses the water from our water heater to heat the house, anytime we use the hot water, the temp in the house drops, which also means we don't have a lot of hot water for showers and such.  So we'll be paying a little bit extra to have the heat coming from the central AC unit, to me it's well worth it if it means we'll have enough hot water. 


So that's basically it.  Nothing else has really been done, unless you count us cleaning out our garage. Once our new budget plan starts to reflect itself in our bank accounts, we're hoping to do more updating and changing around here. 

1 comment: